Choir Continues Valentine Tradition

Elle Esquer, Staff Writer

Members of Chamber choir and Bel Canto serenaded  Valentine’s gram recipients  on February 14. Choir made rounds throughout the day, wearing pink and toting boas and sunglasses. The grams were purchased 2 dollars the previous day.

Senior choir member Isaac Thomas said that “[The grams went] pretty well…” According to Thomas, the singers had 15 to 20 deliveries each period throughout the day. “The Way You Look Tonight” by Tony Bennett and “You Make My Dreams Come True” by Hall and Oates were among the featured songs. Thomas noted that the choral members practiced at brunch, lunch and even had to go to each others houses in preparation for Valentines day.

According to senior Jenny Spesado, chamber choir has kept up the Valentine grams tradition for a number of years. “They existed before I was a freshman. We’ve been doing Valentine grams for a long time,” said Spesado.

Freshman Lily Matranga was serenaded by the choir boys with “My Girl” by the Tempations. “[It was] embarrassing but also funny,” said Matranga about the experience. According to Matranga, it was her sister, senior Claire Matranga, who sent her the gram.

Senior Cole Cronk was serenaded not once, but twice because, at the request of an anonymous admirer.