The Claw

CAMPOLINDO HIGH SCHOOL • 300 MORAGA ROAD • MORAGA • CA

The Claw

The Claw

Students Help Fund Women in STEM at Peace, Love + Pancakes

Beatrice Johnson
Campolindo staff holds Peace Love Pancakes to help raise money to fund a local fundraiser!

On Friday, March 22nd, leadership hosted the Peace, Love, and Pancakes event in E9 in honor of Women’s History Month. At the event, unlimited pancakes could be bought for $10, served with topping choices of nutella, fruit, and powdered sugar, as well as orange juice.

The money collected during the Peace, Love and Pancakes event goes towards Vital Voices. “Vital Voices is an organization that supports women in coding and helps women who are less fortunate gain access to STEM resources and the ability to pursue that field,” said sophomore Mia Walloch.

Leadership always tries to do an event for specific affinity months or for current crises that are going on in the world. The leadership students are able to decide who they’re doing the event for and also what organization the money goes towards.

Leadership students feel that it was important to donate the money to vital voices because “it’s important that women who want to change the world get help gaining access to do that,” said sophomore Rhett Hollyfield. Leadership students enjoy giving to those who have less access to things than we do here at Campo, “Everyone deserves equal opportunity,” said Walloch.

During the event, the leadership students were making the pancakes fresh by mixing the batter and pouring it onto the griddle. This proved to get a little chaotic when more students showed up than they were expecting; “We almost ran out of pancake mix a few times, we went to the store and got more though”, said Hollyfield.

While a little chaotic at times, the amount of people who showed up to the event was beneficial for leadership. “I always worry that no one’s going to come to our events so the fact that there’s 40 people here is awesome,” said leadership advisor Lindsay Webb-Peploe.

The success of the event was shown when leadership made $400 for vital voices from the event, which was $100 over what they had anticipated the event would make.

It is important for Campo students to help pitch into leadership’s affinity month events to show school spirit and to show that Campo is a place where students like to give back to communities.