Basketball Completes Perfect Regular Season

Jack Bunzel-Hardie, Staff Writer

Boys’ basketball dominated Clayton Valley 83-58 on February 11 to finish its regular season Diablo Athletic League (DAL) schedule undefeated.

Head Coach Steven Dyer described his team’s regular season run as a, ” really significant accomplishment.”

“I think a lot of people expected it to just happen but, you know we are the people actually putting in the work and it was hard to do because every team wanted to beat us in league this year,” added Dyer.

Junior Emmanuel Callas said that this game signaled a great transition to the postseason. “Our goal was to go undefeated in League which is something we couldn’t do last year,” he said.

According to Callas, the seniors have made a significant impact. “These guys have helped us all through a lot,” said Callas. “Every single one has put the team on their back at some point and gotten us to where we are now.”

Senior Peter O’Donnell said that, although the game marks the beginning of the end of the season, he is excited for what is to come in the postseason. “It’s bittersweet,” O’Donnell admitted. “I’m going to miss all my guys, at the same time I can’t wait to see what we do these next few weeks.”

Senior Carter Mahaney, who has been a part of more wins during his high school career than any other Campolindo baskeball player in program history, said that this season has not only been a huge success for the team but for individual players as well. “I’ve seen so much improvement this year both on offense and defense,” said Mahaney. “That’s a big reason why we’ve come so far.”

Sophmore Aiden Mahaney, who scored 31 total points in the game, and freshmen Logan Robeson, who scored 18 points, are both evidence of the team’s improvement.

Dyer is confident about his team’s chances in the post season. “I mean, we have as good of a chance as anyone. I think we know we can play with good teams and it’s not just about beating them.”