Successful District-wide Shakespeare Festival

On Wednesday, January 17, the period 5 drama class went to Del Valle campus for the Annual District Shakespeare Festival where all drama classes from the district meet to perform modified Shakespeare plays. This drama class is composed of Drama 2, Advanced Drama, and Drama Honors students

Campo performed the plays of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Hamlet, and The Merchant of Venice. The class struck success when Midsummer Night and Hamlet were performed on the main stage, the ideal stage for optimal success in front of a larger audience and all district drama teachers.

The reason why they achieved their success was because their show caused many emotions from the audience. Senior Cooper Carmichael noted its impact, stating their performance was “very powerful since our adaptation had the ending changed, and I don’t think any of the other teachers were expecting that.”

They were also happy with their own personal performance. Senior Reid Lalli reflected that “it went way better than I thought it would go for me.”

Not only were the students proud of themselves, drama teacher Christopher McNevin was also very pleased with the performance: “I’m extremely proud. They represented Campolindo drama very well.”

The class had major success at the annual festival, however, McNevin noted that there was room for growth: “They gained very valuable experience of how they can expand and challenge themselves in the future, of really working toward more complexity, a different way of performing or presenting these performances.”

Even though this was Lalli’s last time performing there he simply enjoyed it. “It just showed how like three months of work and definitely paid off. And I personally love the show.”