Verbanszky Thrilled to Join Husband, Staff

Biology and chemistry teacher Stephanie Verbanszky joined the science department this fall.

She has enjoyed the new environment. “The students have been really great and the teachers have been really welcoming,” she said.

An Acalanes district veteran, Verbanszky had requested assignment to Campo for a number of years.  She said, “I have been in the district teaching for a while, and I’ve always wanted to come here to teach.” Verbanzsky’s husband, Paul Verbanszky, has been a Campolindo teacher for a decade. “She has been trying to get to Campo for a number of years now,” he confirmed.

Paul Verbanszky is a Government, Economics, and AP Psychology teacher. He said, “I’m thrilled that she is at Campo.” He added, “It’s nice having her at school because it’s like having your best friend with you at school.”

Stephanie Verbansky confirmed that it is nice working at the same school as her husband, but that they actually don’t see each other that much.  Teaching different subjects, each collaborates with a different set of colleagues.

Stephanie Verbanzsky said she is adjusting well to a new school, but there is always the struggle of getting to know a new classroom and a new campus.

Having taught at Las Lomas and Acalanes before this year, she said, “I really appreciate the student body spirit [at Campolindo]. The students are really respectful here, and everyone is really positive.”

Vice principal Sharon Bartlett worked with Stephanie Verbansky prior to this year during summer school for the district. Barlett said,  “We are just delighted to have her.” Bartlett also taught Stephanie Verbansky at Campolindo when Stephanie Verbansky was a student.

Stephanie Verbanszky attended Claremont McKenna College after graduating from Campolindo.