The Claw

CAMPOLINDO HIGH SCHOOL • 300 MORAGA ROAD • MORAGA • CA

The Claw

The Claw

Softball Celebrates and Reflects on Season Growth

On Tuesday May 7, the Campolindo softball team ended their season with a 2-8 loss against Miramonte. Despite a rough season, the girls still held many positive sentiments and thoughts on the past season which they were able to share during the team’s simultaneous senior night.

Celebrating their captain and only senior, Kylie Dowdall, the team made sure to show their appreciation for Dowdall in her last game. The team decorated the field with flags and balloons, hosting a barbecue postgame to celebrate senior night.

Dowdall played softball her whole highschool career, yet missed last year’s season due to injury. Previously playing softball for LMYA, Dowdall knew that playing for Campo would be a fun experience. When reflecting on her seasons throughout the years she stated, “I’ve definitely gotten better at first base and I’ve learned to have a lot better sportsmanship.”

Softball teammates view Dowdall as a vital influence to their team. “Kylie Dowdall is an amazing leader,” sophomore Kate Griffith said. “She exemplifies amazing leadership, she’s supportive of everyone, and she’s really funny.”

While pitcher freshman Paige Williams wasn’t sure what to expect going into the season, she feels that she had a great time and can’t wait for next season. When asked how she feels about Dowdall leaving she stated, “I love Kylie. I’m super sad to see her go, but she’s going to have a great time at Chico State next year so we’re all really proud of her.”

“I’m very sad to leave softball,” Dowdall concluded. “They’re pretty much my 2nd family… I’ve loved having practices everyday and the games were really fun as well. I’m definitely going to miss playing here because it was a really fun team.”