The Claw

CAMPOLINDO HIGH SCHOOL • 300 MORAGA ROAD • MORAGA • CA

The Claw

The Claw

Jumping, Throwing, Sprinting: Senior’s Thoughts On Their Last Track and Field Season

As the spring season of sports is making its approach, many seniors have decided to end their high school athletic career with track and field. With a variety of running and field events to choose from, these seniors have created their goals and are ready to start the season with confidence.

“This will be my fourth year doing track, which is a very long time,” said senior Makena Weberski. Out of the many events to choose from she noted, “I do the 1600 and 3200.” For her final track season, Weberski commented “My goals are to always try my best, give 100 percent effort, and have a good time by really cherishing my teammates because this is the last season we will be running together.” According to Weberski, athletes should do track and field as their spring sport, “because it’s an amazing team culture and everyone supports each other.”

Senior Sidney Ross will take on her fourth year of track and field this year. “I run the 100 meter, the 200 meter, and I do the long jump,” said Ross. For her final season, she noted, “I really want to spend it with my friends.” Ross recognized that, “A few people can be intimidated by the rigor” but she said track and field “is a really involving program that I’ve really enjoyed.”

On the field side of events, third-year veteran Bryce McLaverty said, “I do discus and shot put.” He has one goal for his last track season and that is “to make it to state” in his events. McLaverty commented that track and field is “a good way to bond with people and get in the right shape and it is fun to do.” To prepare for the spring season he is, “working out hard during preseason.”

Track and field will begin in February. It is a no-cut sport and welcomes all to join the 2024 season.