Relay Sets Record at Bob Warren Meet

Juan-Pablo Garcia, Staff Writer

The varsity girl’s 4×100 relay team set a school record while other athletes dropped their times at the annual Bob Warren invitational meet on April 19 hosted by Acalanes High School.

The Varsity girls’ 4×100 team is comprised of senior Maddy Doane, freshmen Emily Hatch and Sara Tabibian, and sophomore Terryall Bell. “It is a great feeling to beat our school record and I feel like all the girls had their hard work pay off this year,” said Doane. The squad won the event in a time 0f 49:07 seconds.

Meanwhile, the boys frosh-soph 4×400 team finished in 2nd place at the meet, just behind Northgate. However, they still improved their time from 4:04.56 to 3:46.99.

“I am pretty happy that we all pushed ourselves to the limit to be able to get 2nd at Bob Warren,” said freshman Mason Fara.

According to coach Joey Woolridge, sophomore Finlay Penney performed well after returning from an injury and Fara and freshman Rennick Coates each improved their split times.

Sophomore Ollie Flynn and Coates were able to clear 8 feet 6 inches in the frosh-soph pole vault. Senior Anish Visht finished 4th in the varsity pole vault competition with a clearance of 11 feet.

“Ollie and Rennick have really improved since the beginning of the season. They both put in the hard work and deserve to be where they are,” said Visht.