NCS Victory Propels Football into NorCal Tourney

Madeleine Singh, Sports Editor

Football collected another victory in the Division II North Coast Section Championship game. The 42-7 win against Granada High School on December 1 advanced the Cougars to NorCal Regionals for the 4th consecutive year.

The squad beat Granda with an impressive passing attack. Senior Vince Mossotti, a recipient of several long passes, said that the team’s primary game plan was “to throw.”

Senior quarterback John Torchio connected with Mossotti for 2 touchdowns and scored another himself on the ground.

“It was no doubt the cleanest and most efficient game we’ve played all year, both offensively and defensively,” said Macy. “More specifically, the passing game with John Torchio and the receivers, they were completely in sync.” Macy also gave recognition to the performances of senior Parker Windatt, senior Shun Ishida and junior Michael Brewer, adding that “a lot of different people touched the ball in the passing game.”

“We definitely thought it’d be a shoot-out,” said Windatt. “We knew we’d score on offense, but we weren’t quite sure how our defense would do, but our defense really stepped up and stopped them.”

“The defense against a very complex offense played solid all night, probably the cleanest, most hungry game we’ve played all year,” added Macy.

The squad plays Milpitas High School in the regional final on Friday, December 9. A victory will send the team to the CIF Division 4A State title game for the 4th consecutive season.

“We all wanna go to State, but we know we have one more week to try to get there, and we’re gonna do our best to get to that point,” added Windatt.