The Claw

CAMPOLINDO HIGH SCHOOL • 300 MORAGA ROAD • MORAGA • CA

The Claw

The Claw

Students Have a Wheel Good Time at Homecoming

On the night of September 30, Campo held its annual homecoming dance in the quad, gym, and Multi Purpose Room (MUR). Students dressed up, got together with their friends, and headed to campus. Once they arrived, students were offered tattoos, donuts, a movie, music, and more.

A highlight for many was the food offered. Homemade donuts and Crumbl Cookies were offered free of charge for students. When asked about her favorite part of the dance, freshman Lils McCarthy recalled, “I liked the donuts; they were really good.” Sophomore Rhett Hollyfield felt differently, “I really liked the Crumbl Cookies in the gym.”

The hard work put in by students and parents was seen all around the school. Decorations included: banners, lights, balloons, and homemade photo opportunities. Senior Kathrynanne Terry said this is what made this year’s homecoming so different, “I thought the decorations were really well done this year.”

Many seniors enjoyed their last highschool homecoming dance. Terry added, “I actually had a really good time because I didn’t get a freshman year homecoming so it was only my third. I think homecoming has progressively gotten better as I’ve gone through high school.”

While the Class of 2024 said goodbye to an annual tradition Saturday night, Campo freshmen experienced their first of many homecoming dances.

McCarthy said, “I thought it was very fun and festive with all the decorations.” She added that she “liked the donuts” but would have “moved the dancing into the actual gym.”

Hollyfield agreed with McCarthy’s perspective on the dance, “I would have made the change to put the mosh inside the gym because that’s where most people are.”

Many students enjoyed having more inside options at the dance itself. Hollyfield compared last year’s homecoming dance to this year’s. “Last homecoming we had the mosh pit inside and everything else outside. I personally just thought that was a lot better,” he said.

Both the MUR and gym were filled to the brim with decorations and activities. The gym was packed with colorfully decorated picnic tables, a 360 degree photo booth, and more. The MUR was a popular spot for students that night, hosting Beve, a band made up of several Campo students. They performed on a stage with fluorescent lights and an enthusiastic crowd.

The inside festivities seemed to be a hit for many students. Terry said, “I also liked that there was seating available for people who didn’t want to leave yet and wanted to be with their friends.”

Some may have noticed some new additions to the homecoming festivities. A movie played in the gym with tables around for those who were too tired from dancing or felt like relaxing. A tattoo booth was in the gym for those who wanted a fun, decorative way to spend their time.

Junior Ellie Stephens appreciated the diverse activities, “I thought it was really well planned…we had many options for people and I thought it was good for everyone.”

Campo students had a night filled with dancing and various activities, making the most out of their 2023 homecoming.