The Claw

CAMPOLINDO HIGH SCHOOL • 300 MORAGA ROAD • MORAGA • CA

The Claw

The Claw

Senior Class Resolutions: Prioritizing What Truly Matters

As the seniors of Campolindo are finishing their first month of the new semester, their new year resolutions are being put to the test. With their last semester already flying by, many seniors had made resolutions focusing on slowing down and appreciating what they have. Some of these seniors have shared their 2024 resolutions and what they have done to follow them in the new year.

Senior Ali Maguy plans to “try and eat healthier and spend more time with my family.” Eating healthy is a simple change that Maguy will achieve by “making choices that are best for my well being” As a dedicated tennis athlete, Maguy’s resolution will not only improve her everyday life but also provide her with energy that will lead to success within tennis. Already an athlete, this resolution came easy to Maguy and is already sticking to her plan: “I have been drinking at least two liters of water a day and making sure I stretch before and after practice which is something I’m getting a lot better at.” This resolution that Maguy set into place back at the beginning of January is actively helping her prioritize her health and happiness for the year to come.

Maguy’s second resolution focuses on spending time with her family, a common theme among the seniors who shared their goals. With the Class of ‘24 heading off to college this year, many seniors plan on ramping up quality time with their loved ones. Maguy stresses the importance of a family time resolution: “because we’re going to college soon so I feel like I’m not going to see my family as much.” Finding time for family togetherness can be difficult with a busy schedule but Maguy plans to combat this by “choosing to prioritize [my] time better and making time when it is difficult.” So far, Maguys plans have come to fruition and she has “started having a designated night for family dinner and always making sure to prioritize that time.”

Senior Katie Feldman also wants to “spend more time with my family and just really make sure [I] don’t take their company for granted.” Feldman describes how she plans to find activities that everyone in her family enjoys while also giving them an opportunity to spend coveted quality time. For example, Feldman said, “I think planning family hikes in the hills around my house is a good idea because we all love to be in nature and it also provides a lot of time just to be together.” As of late January, the Feldmans have had two successful hikes together and the resolution is paying off in much needed family time.

Unsurprisingly, another senior Paulo Trento planned to spend more time with his family in anticipation of leaving the nest. Trento explains how “[I] want to spend a little more time with my parents- and this year especially because [I’m] going off to college.” Family dinners and game nights were two ideas that Trento had in mind when thinking about how he was going to put these plans into action and so far has had success putting together both of those. Aside from family time, Trento also wants to “enjoy the rest of high school…like go to all the sports events and make sure [I’m] making the most of everything.” In line with this resolution Trento has attended multiple Campo basketball games and made sure to participate in the rallies and spirit weeks that leadership has put on. Trento is also a member of the Campo soccer team and can be found following his resolution by celebrating with his teammates after games or attending team pasta feeds.

All three of these seniors are successfully following their resolutions made at the beginning of January and each appreciate the importance of making them. With the whirlwind of emotions that the Class of ‘24 is going through, these seniors demonstrate how taking time to prioritize health, happiness, and quality time is more important than ever.