The Claw

CAMPOLINDO HIGH SCHOOL • 300 MORAGA ROAD • MORAGA • CA

The Claw

The Claw

New Chemistry and Living Earth Teacher was Welcomed to the Campolindo Staff and Community

New Living Earth and Chemistry teacher Ben Friedman was welcomed to the Campolindo community this school year. Friedman has been teaching for over 12 years at various schools but said, “Campolindo is [his] favorite.”

Friedman said his biggest adjustment when coming to Campolindo was “getting used to [his] new classroom” in D6.

Credentialed in every type of science course, he is having a positive transition into the community as his students are understanding the material, which is his number one priority.

Friedman’s students have definitely noticed his love for science and his willingness to help his students whenever they need it. Since Friedman has been working in schools for over 12 years, he knows how to navigate and explain certain topics to his students. Freshman Arav Uttarwar said, “Mr. Friedman is a great teacher and the way he explains concepts is impressive.” Uttarwar explains how Friedman wants to make sure his students understand the material before he moves on to another concept.

Friedman likes to make sure his students have a good time in his classroom and learn new things.
Freshman Alina Tzortzis also said, “Mr. Friedman is such a fabulous teacher and he is very silly but also helpful.” Tzortzis explains how she notices that Friedman cares for his students and stated, “It seems like he only wants to see us succeed.” Success for Friedman’s students is very important to him and his students are definitely noticing that.

Friedman added a message he wanted to share with the Campolindo community: “This is a special place, don’t take it for granted and do your best to help each other out and keep the kindness in the classroom because we have a great community and let’s keep it that way but also make it even better.”

Friedman attended UC Berkeley for his undergraduate and UC Santa Cruz for one of his masters before attaining his second masters at CSU. After college, Friedman lived overseas for 6 years in Beijing, China, where he decided to start a family. He loves to hike in his free time because he believes that hiking puts him “in a place of peacefulness.”

Friedman is excited to be a new addition to the Campolindo community and he is even more excited that he is in a great environment where he gets to teach his students about his love for science.