Freshman Shared their Opinions on their First Homecoming

As the homecoming themes are released and plans are discussed, the Class of 2027 has shared their thoughts.

Most sophomores, juniors, and seniors have had their fair share of homecoming dances and games but the freshmen, not so much. This year, the homecoming theme is Cougs’ R Us and the freshman theme is Build-a-Coug. As we all are wondering, how are the freshmen feeling about their first homecoming?

Freshman Arav Uttarwar stated, “I am excited but I am also a little nervous because I don’t know what a highschool dance is like.” Uttarwar is an incoming freshman and has not experienced homecoming yet, and his feelings definitely align with some of his classmates. Freshman Elisa Jorgensen stated, “The theme of homecoming is hard to dress for and it’s kind of random and odd but I am excited for the dance but also a little nervous.” Many freshmen seem to be nervous about homecoming but want to get out of their comfort zones and experience a school dance. Juliette Galizia said, “The theme kinda sucks for the freshmen, and the dance might be boring. I think the dance would be better for upperclassmen.” A lot of thoughts about the freshmen theme have been shared and some freshmen think their nervous feelings are stemming from the fact that they are younger than the other grades and have not experienced a highschool dance.

Most of the freshmen’s thoughts are pretty similar and it seems that there are some strong opinions about the theme for the freshman class and how the actual homecoming dance will be like.