The Claw

CAMPOLINDO HIGH SCHOOL • 300 MORAGA ROAD • MORAGA • CA

The Claw

The Claw

Student Mural Paintings Dazzle Campus

This years students arrived on campus to find two beautiful murals were created; one across from the library and the other next to the small gym. Make sure to take a look!

With the change of the seasons, Campo’s class of 2024 walked into a campus covered in two new murals: one across from the library and the other next to the small gym. Spearheaded by graduated Senior Maggie Doolittle and junior Avery Jules, each mural serves a purpose beyond just decoration on campus.

Although this year’s freshmen don’t know any different than the freshly painted walls around the school, they have appreciated the vitality: “I think they’re nice. They’re standing out compared to the other walls so they make the campus look good,” says freshman Krish Srivastava.

Senior Arjun Krishnan was one of several artists who worked with The Claw alumni Maggie Doolittle to create the blue mural across from the library. “We brainstormed some ideas and we talked about how Campo has all sorts of ways to express yourself, whether that be through clubs or activities, or other ways to be part of the community. We wanted to make a mural that represented that,” Krishnan said. He worked with three to four other Campo students per day, spending around 20 hours total.

Students think the vibrance stands out against the often bleak or redundant aspects of school, especially as the academic year starts to pick up. “Sometimes school feels really dull, and it’s nice to walk around and see pretty things,” said Senior Katie Feldman.

Junior Avery Jules managed the sports mural with the Women in Athletics Club. Members used a projector to trace the outline on the wall. Ray Meadows, Athletic Director and Club Advisor, helped the students to “generally recognize Campo athletics and make the campus a little more fun,” says Jules.

As we remember to thank the talented people behind the creation of these murals, many generations of Campo students will enjoy the updated art.