Tees Rep Senior College Choices

Ava Charlesworth, Staff Writer

Seniors wore t-shirts to represent their post-high school plans and took photographs for the day dubbed “Rep Your Next Step!” during lunch on May 17.

Leadership teacher Lindsay Webb-Peploe encouraged students to wear the t-shirts to celebrate their accomplishments as an extension of the college decisions and post-high school plans celebration held on May 1 in the College and Career Center.

“We wanted seniors to show off where they’re going,” said Leadership student Sydney Yuen. “The college application process is brutal and it’s such a relief to know where you’re going and be proud of that. Or proud of your gap year or whatever you’re doing.”

The Leadership class also made a banner titled “Oh, the places you’ll go,” along with a drawing of a globe, paying homage to the classic Dr. Seuss book often associated with graduating. Students were encouraged to take photos in front of the poster, but most flocked to the CPAC to take group photos with friends.

Senior Elise Zur, who will be taking a gap year in Israel next year, wore a t-shirt sporting the logo from The Gap after her friend suggested the joke. “I wanted to be able to participate with everyone in my grade and feel just as proud as my decision as everyone else,” she said.

Senior Julia Bond said, “It took me a while to decide where I’d being going next year, but I’m really happy with my decision so I was proud to wear my t-shirt.” Bond will be attending the University of Washington next fall. “It’s also just fun to take pictures with all of my friends,” she added.