Price Works to Grant Wishes

Genie Lee, Staff Writer

After being diagnosed with a brain aneurysm the summer before entering high school, Sophomore Audrey Price has a developed a passion for helping other children with life threatening illnesses.

“[My brain aneurysm] has definitely made me more empathetic to people and it’s made me give back more to my community. It’s made me realize that there are people out there who need our help… Lafayette is just a little bubble,” said Price.

Sophomore Jessica O’Reilly, Price’s friend, said, “I think that [the brain aneurysm] was something that was really difficult for her, but she’s been really amazing and just has overcome everything and is always the most positive person I see.”

After Price was the recipient of a unique experience provided by the Make-A-Wish Foundation, she decided she wanted to help with the program so that others would have the same opportunity she had.

Almost every month at the Make-A-Wish center in San Francisco, Price participates in meetings that call for interactive projects and new assignments such as writing Santa Letters to raise money for the foundation.

“I think [the Make-A-Wish Foundation] is a wonderful thing that people do to help kids who are suffering,” said O’Reilly. “She just wants to impact others now because she was really lucky to survive with her situation and she just wants to help others now.”

Price explained, “We need to make wishes come true for those who are sick and in need.”