The Claw

CAMPOLINDO HIGH SCHOOL • 300 MORAGA ROAD • MORAGA • CA

The Claw

The Claw

A Welcome from the Editors-in-Chief 2023

Sebastian Whitfield
Molly Stephens (L) and Erin McDonald (R) pose for their first issue as Editors-in-Chief of The Claw.

As the seasons change, we are met with opportunities to turn over a new leaf. While it is beneficial to learn and move on from the past, it is just as important to remember traditions and keep their spirits alive. Along with these long-standing traditions, we should be open to welcoming new experiences as well.

While many of Campo’s fall traditions have endured, there have been countless additions to our festive atmosphere. From flag football to creative homecoming videos, students are embracing change while still honoring past traditions, such as FNL and spirit weeks.

We’ve welcomed a new student class and said goodbye to our class of 2023. We have adapted to a new tech policy, unfortunately not by choice, and even decided on a name for our beloved library cougar: Leonardo DeCatrio. Through the ups and downs, our student body has found ways to uplift one another and celebrate what makes each of us unique.

During this time of the year, it’s important to shine a spotlight on the voices and experiences of Hispanic/Latino Americans, and recognize their history and achievements. Campo has managed a number of activities in honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, many of which were hosted by our very own Latinos Unidos club, such as tailgates, movie nights, and more.

With homecoming successfully behind us, it is time to get excited for upcoming fall festivities. Halloween is approaching fast, and excitement is brewing over what creative costumes we will see this year. Even despite the allure of this spooky holiday, it is important for seniors to remember college application deadlines are right around the corner. Stay focused Cougs!

As seniors, we know how stressful this time can be. It’s easy to get swept up comparing yourself to the progress of your peers and scrambling from college visit to college visit. Luckily, we have tons of resources here on campus to ease you through your anxiety. From therapy dogs to journaling, the Campo Wellness Center is committed to helping students, especially seniors, stress less and achieve their goals in a healthy way.

Overall, while this time of year is full of fun traditions and celebrations, it is necessary to prioritize your goals and mental health to maintain a healthy balance. Establishing good habits this first semester will set a precedent for the success we find in the rest of the school year.