Playlist Fights AP Exam Blues

Kate Ginley, Opinion Editor

One of the scariest times of the year has arrived and no one is prepared. That’s right, AP Exams are this week and students morale is plummeting.

To combat this emotional downfall, I have prepared a playlist:

1-“Welcome to the Black Parade” by My Chemical Romance. Known as the emo anthem, you can flash back to your rebellious stage in middle school when you repeatedly told your mom, “It’s not a phase.” The song is all about carrying on. Heads up: you may want to lower the volume.

2-“Victorious” by Panic! At the Disco. On top of Brenden Urie’s majestic voice, the message of “screw it all” is well-suited to the mood that’ll you’ll be in after staying up all night studying.

3-“Centuries” by Fall Out Boy. Listen to this and be inspired to become a legend. Whether by getting a 5 on the AP exam or getting kicked out for break dancing into High School Musical’s “We’re All in This Together,” you’ll be going down in history.

4-“We Didn’t Start the Fire” by Billy Joel. Unlike the Emo Trinity above, kick back with 80’s lyrics that will, for AP European History students, actually help you on the exam.

5-“We Built This City” by Starship. We built this culture of anxiety. Moraga is our town, so celebrate what you’ve accomplished.

6-“Living on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi. Personally, I cram before every test, but that strategy isn’t going to work for the AP Exam. The only way I’ll survive is if God answers my prayers.

7-“I Want It That Way” by The Backstreet Boys. Only 90’s kids remember.

8-“Oops, I Did It Again” by Britney Spears. Yes, you will likely do it again: Fail the exam.

9-“Bet On It” by Zac Efron. If Zac Efron can sing in a fitted black outfit in the burning desert, I bet you can survive the exam.

10-“The Final Countdown” by Europa. Count down the final minutes until you face you’re greatest enemy. Get out your war paint. Sound the alarm. It’s time for battle against the College Board.

Good luck.