Knights Sink Boys’ Polo

Daniela Moroz, Staff Writer

Though senior captain Cole Stevens won the 1st sprint and senior goal keeper Nikhil Suri blocked 5 shots in the 1st period, the varsity boys’ water polo team fell to Las Lomas on Wednesday, October 28.

Senior captain Yuri Hanley scored in the 1st period, which ended with Las Lomas leading 1-3.

The 2nd period began with Stevens winning the sprint again, and sophomore Christian Meckfessel scoring a goal. Suri blocked 5 more shots, but the period expired with Las Lomas widening their lead, 2-6.

In the 3rd period, freshman Giorgio Alessandria scored his first goal of the night.  In spite of their efforts however, the Knights continued to build their lead.

The final period began with Stevens winning his fourth sprint of the night. Hanley made 2 more goals and sophomore Tommy Hawkins scored 1 and sophomore Cole Lauritzen scored 1. Alessandria scored his 2nd goal of the night. Nevertheless Las Lomas stayed ahead with a final score of 7-12.

Coach Miles Price said it was a tough game and Las Lomas played well. Alessandria added, “We could have played better and more as a team, I think that’s the big thing. The thing we need to work on right now is communicating. We really communicated in the Acalanes game and played really well as a team.”