Blackhawk Museum Impresses Promsters

Maya Jenn, Staff Writer

While the junior prom, with its James Bond theme, welcomed students into the Blackhawk Auto Museum on the evening of April 23, for many attendees, the experience began long before hand, with tedious shopping for dresses, shoes and accessories, hair and nail appointments, and, of course, the pre-prom photo shoot.

The Saint Mary’s’ Rugby field has been a traditional favorite for such purposes, but due to a rugby game many conducted their picture pre-party at the Moraga Commons, which is normally reserved for senior ball.

Of course, after the bus ride to the swanky venue, participants were again asked to pose for the “official” commemorative photos before entering the museum.

Drinks and cheese platters were available while students perused the top floor museum or tried their luck at Black Jack tables before the 8:00pm sit down dinner.

“I really enjoyed looking at the cars, hanging out with friends, and playing poker,” said junior Jack Maclennan.

The Auto Museum featured over 30 vintage cars, most of which were valued in the millions.

While the shiny four-wheelers were a unique aspect of this year’s prom, and taking photos might have taken up most of the time, the main attraction for many remained what occurred on the dance floor.

“It was great night, I loved the food, the DJ was good, and the location was amazing,” said junior Katy Zarembinski.